Camp Leaders will be bringing camp directors from across America to 3 different locations around the UK, so you’ll have plenty of chances to impress and hopefully get hired on the day.
- A chance to meet camp directors face-to-face and impress them with your skills and personality.
- Get advice on your application from the Camp Leaders representatives who will be around all day and eager to help.
- An opportunity to get hired on the spot!
- Complete your online application with Camp Leaders.
- Do some research on the camps that are going to be there so you know who you want to approach first. It will be very impressive to the directors if you know a lot about the camps you speak to.
When & Where?
Edinburgh – Thurs 15th Jan 2015. 12-4pm.
The Thistle Hotel, 107 Leith Street, Edinburgh EH1 3SW
Liverpool – Sat 17th Jan 2015. 10am-4pm.
St George’s Hall, St George’s Pl, Liverpool, Merseyside L1 1JJ
London – Sun 18th Jan 2015. 11am-5pm.
The Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen Street, WC2B 5DA
On the day?
- Take you printed application with you, and a pen and paper, along with any certificates or qualifications you might have.
- It’s also a good idea to take some photos or videos of you to show directors examples of you working with kids.
- You will arrive and first go to the prep room where you will get guidance and advice for the day from the Camp Leaders staff
- You will then go to the Directors room, where each camp director will have their own stall for you to visit.
- Find a camp you like the look of. Queue up, have your interview and get hired!
- If you don’t get a job with that camp, move onto the next and keep trying. Don’t give up.
- Use your time well.
- Be open minded – you may not get your top choice, but if you keep exploring other options, something even better might come along.
- Once you’ve been hired (or even if you don’t get hired), chat to the Camp Leaders reps a bit more to discuss your next steps.
So that’s the Camp Leaders recruitment fair explained in a nutshell. Do your research, be prepared and most importantly, have fun!