How To File Your Tax Return From Summer Camp

So if you worked at camp last summer, you will have been taxed on your pay, which means that you need to file your tax return! Fun times.

Tax refund money

The deadline for claiming your tax back is April 15th. The actual process is fairly simple though – I’m not allowed to give you full tax advice (as that’s actually illegal) but I can tell you the basics.

The first step is to ask your employer for your W2 form. This is the form that details how much you earned and how much tax you paid. It has details such as your social security and employer identification numbers on it. Your employer should just be able to email you a copy.

Then, once you have your W2 form you have two options:

1. The first is to head to, follow their instructions and basically they will then just do everything for you. There is a fee for this service though, so if you want to sort it yourself (for a much smaller cost) you should choose the second option.

2. Go to, create an account and follow their instructions. You do have to have your wits about you a little bit to answer some of the questions on the forms, but it’s relatively straightforward.

Your agency will be able to give you more specific advice about all of this!

Good luck!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.