As I’m sure you know by now, all the major summer camp agencies will be holding recruitment fairs in January, where they’ll be bringing a bunch of camp directors over from America to chat to you and let you show them why they should hire you!
And Camp America is no different. They’ll be coming to 3 different locations across the UK at the end of January, so you’ll have every chance to get there and make the most of the opportunity to take your application to the camp directors, rather than waiting for them to come to you!
- Meet the camp directors.
- Meet some Camp America representatives and get advice on how to make your application amazing.
- Meet other prospective camp staff, maybe even some you might end up at the same camp with!
- Start (or even better, complete) your application online.
- Do some research on the camps that will be attending the Camp America recruitment fair beforehand. Find out which ones you like, so you know which camps to head straight to as soon as you arrive at the fair.
When & Where?
Camp America will be bringing camp directors to 3 locations across the UK:
Edinburgh – Tues 20th Jan
Manchester – Thurs 22nd Jan
London – Sat 24th Jan
On the day?
- Bring a copy of your application, references, qualifications and some form of payment (if you haven’t already paid your fees).
- Get there nice and early.
- Dress smart.
- Be ready to smile all day and let your personality and skills shine through.
- You will get given a map and description of the fair layout, so you’ll know where each camp is located.
- Head straight to the camps you’ve already done your research on and like the look of and get chatting to the camp directors and other staff. Interview with them, and (fingers crossed) you’ll be waking out with a job!
- Once you’ve found a job, go to the Camp America crew to confirm your placement.
It’s going to be a great day, so make sure you relax, make the most of it and enjoy! Good luck!