Up next in the series about summer camp agencies (want to know more about 3 Adventures? Or CCUSA?) is Camp America, one of the longest running camp agencies, providing help with everything a summer camp counselor could need, from jobs, to visas to full time support.
Camp America have been sending people to summer camps across the USA since 1969 and claim they are the ‘biggest and best summer camp provider‘ and because they work with hundreds of different types of camps across 50 states in America ‘there are opportunities available for everyone‘.
Camp America also offers a few other experiences such as CA Treks, GET Australia, and Au Pairing in America, if summer camp maybe isn’t your thing (although it probably is!) – so they have a lot to offer people looking to travel.
But back to summer camp… while Camp America won’t earn you the most, they are upfront and honest about what you pay and what you get in return, and are always just looking to provide you with the best possible experience. They are experts in their field – everyone who works for Camp America has worked at summer camp themselves, so knows the exact process you are going through and can provide excellent support along the way.
The application process is simple – just sign up , fill in the application and you’ll be on your way to the best summer ever.
So, what do you get?
- Meet and greet with a Camp America interviewer to discuss why you’re applying.
- Placement at one of the hundreds of summer camps we work with.
- Return flights from your home country to New York.
- 1 nights stay at our arrivals hotel (if flying into New York).
- All food and accommodation at camp for 9 weeks.
- Medical insurance (covering you during and after camp).
- J-1 visa sponsorship (Camp America are a designated visa sponsor).
- 30 days travel time after you leave camp.
- Exclusive partner offers (including Camp America Treks & GET Australia).
- Access to training opportunities (including Lifeguarding & Youth Leadership course).
- Opportunity to attend the biggest recruitment events in the summer camp industry.
- Group ‘Orientation’ before departure (to prepare for life at summer camp).
- 24/7 customer support (from local and US-based office).
- You will earn anything from $600 – $1200 depending on your experience and what role you get hired for.
And what do you pay?
- All of this will set you back £599 (remember this includes your flights and a night in New York before you go to camp).*
- There are other costs too, such as your visa ($180), police check (roughly £53) and medical check (some doctors charge for this, other don’t) – I have outlined how much it really costs to go to camp in another post.
- If you are a returner (or a direct placement applicant – first year, but you have already found a job at a camp) Camp America will charge you from £269, depending on whether you are returning to the same camp and sorting your own flights or getting on a Camp America flight – I’ve done a comparison chart for returners too!
*Correct as of Sept 2016
So there it is – everything you need to know about Camp America and what they can offer you. If you want to know more about them, you can head over to their website, Facebook page, or follow along with their updates on Twitter.
You can also get in touch directly on their contact page.