The next agency I want to tell you about in the ‘Summer Camp Agencies‘ series is BUNAC, one of the longest running companies who have been sending people to summer camp for over 50 years (with a brief closure of the program for the 2013 season), so they really do know what they’re talking about!
BUNAC are an agency that can provide you with the full package – they will help you with your application, make sure you are placed at a camp that’s perfect for you, help to sort out your visa and even meet you at the airport when you arrive in America!
To apply through BUNAC you must be available for 10 weeks over the summer, be over 18 and absolutely love working with children – the more experience you have working with kids, the higher your chances are of getting placed.
The application process through BUNAC is super easy too. First you complete the online application and pay the £50 deposit. Then they’ll call you for a quick chat and book you in for a face to face interview (which isn’t as scary as it sounds, I promise!). Once you’ve passed the interview phase they’ll send your application to summer camps across America. Then (fingers crossed) you’ll get placed and BUNAC will arrange your flights, insurance and give you a hand sorting our your visa. Simple as that!
So, what do you get?
- Up to $1100 (this goes up depending on age and skills).
- Placement at at camp in the USA.
- Return flight from London to the USA (if you choose the flight option)
- First night’s accommodation in the USA.
- Free food and accommodation whilst at camp.
- Help with getting your J1 visa.
- US embassy meet and greet service.
- Medical insurance for the duration of your time in America.
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK.
- Meet and greet upon arrival in the USA from visa sponsor CIEE.
And, what do you pay?
- For the Flight option, you pay just £499 (this also includes a night in a hostel when you arrive in the USA).*
- If you want to sort your own flights, you pay just £269!* (You also earn more with this option)
- There are, as with all the other agencies, a few other fees to such as your visa ($180), and police check (roughly £60) – I have outlined how much it really costs to go to camp in another post.
- If you are a returner or direct placement applicant (first year but you have already found yourself a job), BUNAC will only charge you £299!
*Correct as of Sept 2016
And that’s BUNAC all wrapped up in a nice little post for you. If you want to apply with them, or just find out more, you can visit their website, or catch up with all the latest news and updates on Facebook and Twitter.