Wild Packs are a summer camp agency who work in conjunction with 3 Adventures, and have been sending hundreds of applicants to camps across the USA for a number of years. Their eventual goal is to bring the “concept of American style summer camps to the United Kingdom”, an idea that I’m sure you’ll be on board with once you spend your first summer at camp.
Their application process is simple and easy – fill out an application form online and you will get contacted by the team for an informal interview either over the phone or on Skype. They’ll advise you on what you need to do to make the best out of your application and then, once you’re accepted, you pay the first fee – the ‘proof of intent’ (you pay NOTHING up until this point!). The team will then review your application, you pay the remainder of your program fees (can be paid in instalments) and your application will be sent off to the camps that Wild Packs think are the best fit for you.
Wild Packs have fantastic customer service and they want to make sure you get hired at the right camp for you, helping you with every step of the process, even organising your embassy appointment for you!
So what do you get?
- J1 visa (all paperwork) and assistance
- Embassy appointment booked and organised for you
- Medical insurance for your whole stay in America
- 24 hour support whilst at camp (from 3 Adventures)
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Help with finding good deals on flights
And what do you pay?
- £395 covers the whole application process. For every friend you refer to Wild Packs (who is accepted and pays their Proof of Intent) you will get £100 off your fees (max 2 friends). So you could end up paying as little as £195*.
- You will have to find your own flights – costs vary depending on how early you book your flights and who you book them through (average price is around £450)
- Third party costs include a Police Check (£60), Embassy appointment/visa fee (approx £160), Medical check (cost varies) and flights.
*Correct as of October 2016
If you want to apply for camp through Wild Packs, head to their website to apply, or find out more on their Facebook or Twitter pages. If you want to talk to someone directly, you can give them a call on 01383 435 991 or email them at email@example.com