Up next in the series all about the summer camp agencies is AmeriCamp, an award winning organisation who want to help you gain ‘an incredible job‘ in America and ‘make friends that will last a lifetime‘.
AmeriCamp are a relatively new company, but that hasn’t stopped them from paving the way for a new kind of agency, even providing #freebiscuits at all their orientations… probably something that has helped them win the ‘Best Summer Camp Organisation’ award from Save The Student for four years in a row!
Well, that and the fact that they offer the lowest costs, pay the highest salaries and have some of the best customer service in the business. It is important to AmeriCamp that ‘you are not just a number, but an important person that we welcome into our family‘.
AmeriCamp are also one of the only summer camp organisations to become verified on Twitter (something they’re very proud of), and can offer you all sorts of discounts with their affiliated companies, including AusJob and Camp Canada.
Getting a job at summer camp through AmeriCamp has 3 simple steps – first the online application form and interview; then it’s time to make your application video, get your references and head to a recruitment fair; and last but not least, get your placement, CRB and health check, organise your visa, sort your flights and away you go!
So, what do you get?
- At least $1550 salary guaranteed.
- Placement at one of the best camps in America.
- All meals covered whilst you work at camp.
- Free accommodation for the duration of your camp placement.
- Medical insurance for the full duration of your camp contract.
- 24 hour helpline in the USA if you have any problems.
- Guidance and sponsorship for your J1 visa and cultural exchange permits.
- Flight flexibility and Discounted Flights.
- The option to travel for a month at the end of your camp contract.
- Full support throughout the application process.
- Fun orientations before camp.
- Flexible interview process (they will even interview you over Skype!).
- A free t-shirt.
And, what do you pay?
- All of this will only cost you £279!*
- There are, as with all the other agencies, a few other fees too, such as your visa ($180), police check (roughly £60) and flights (AmeriCamp can help with some great discounted flights) – I have outlined how much it really costs to go to camp in another post.
- If you are a returner or direct placement applicant (first year but you have already found yourself a job), AmeriCamp will only charge you £249 (£209 if you apply before Jan 1st)!*
*Correct as of Sept 2016
And there is it, AmeriCamp in all its glory! If you want to apply with them, or just find out more, you can visit their website, or catch up with all the latest news and updates on Facebook or Twitter.
Alternatively you can chat to them on 0161 312 3640 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.